PLEASE NOTE: Due to a heavy work load I am not currently accepting any new bookings.
In accordance with the Australian Marriage Act 1961, a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form must be completed (and remains valid for) up to eighteen months before the marriage, but should be completed at least one calendar month prior to the date of your marriage. A copy of the NOIM is available HERE:
Please also note the following:
- To marry, you must be over the age of 18 years, not in a prohibited relationship (too closely related) and not already legally married.
- For identification and proof of birth each of you will need to provide the following original papers (not copies or scans):
– Birth certificate OR Passport showing place and date of birth (translated to English if required),
– Current Photo ID, in the form of passport or drivers license.
- Evidence of the termination of any previous marriages, in the form of:
– Divorce papers where a marriage was dissolved
– Death certificate if either party has had a spouse who is deceased;
- Two witnesses to the marriage will be required and they will need to be over the age of 18.
As your celebrant, I will explain the paperwork and other legal requirements to you in advance, ensure they are satisfied and answer any questions you may have. This clears the way for a stress and confusion free wedding day, allowing you to focus on what’s important to you … each other.